I don’t get any service anywhere
icon

Best answer by daniiiiiv 6 January 2019, 01:56

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi @Joe_peters

Firstly, if you have recently swapped to iD from another network and this has been an issue since putting you SIM card in, can you check your phone is unlocked and will accept the iD Mobile SIM card?
It’s easy to find out if your phone’s locked. Simply insert a SIM card from another network, and see if the name of the network appears on your handset.
If it does and you’re able to use your phone, it’s unlocked.
If you’re unable to use it, your phone’s probably be locked.

Secondly, try to find out if this issue is only affecting your handset?
Place your SIM card in a different device, one which is either Unlocked or locked to iD/Three network. If the sim card works in their device then we know there's something funny going on with your handset.

Thirdly, If you're on an iPhone, can you make sure that your carrier settings are up to date?
You can find this in Settings -> General -> About and in the "Carrier" field should be displayed "iD 35.1"

As well as the carrier settings, make sure you're running the latest operating system.

You can also try Manually selecting the iD network.
iPhone: Go to Settings -> Mobile Data -> Network Selection. Toggle "Automatic" to off and select "iD" from the list that comes up.

Android: Go to Settings -> More networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators. Tap "search for networks" and select "iD" from the list that pops up.

Please also make sure that your Carrier Settings are correct
The quickest and easiest way to get your settings is to use the special settings checker. All you need to do is enter your details and select which phone you're using.
Click to go to the Settings Checker.

Alternatively, you can manually input the settings which i have included below.

Name: iD
APN: id
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username:
MMS APN Password:
MMS Port: 8799

Have you also checked the Online Coverage Checker to see if you should be receiving signal?

Here are a few other things you can also try:
  • First of all, go for the tried and trusted method of turning your phone off and on again. Yes, it's obvious - but sometimes it really does work.
  • If you're using your phone indoors, try going into different rooms to see if it makes any difference. Some rooms can get a stronger signal than others.
  • If you want to get a little more technical, put your SIM card into another phone and test your network coverage. This will help you to work out if there's a problem with your phone or the network.
  • Doing a factory reset can sometimes make a difference. Backup your phone's data first of all, then go into system settings and carry out a reset.
  • You can also disable 4G. If your handset is connecting to a weak 4G signal, disabling 4G and using the 3G with 97% population coverage, will likely improve your signal.
Please Note: Be as informative as you possibly can, we know that typing can be no fun, but we want to help you as much as possible and we can't do that effectively without cooperation. Any extra information such as your phone model, when it started, how long its been going on for, etc. It will help lots! 😀

Regards

Dan

Hi,

Can anyone help, i have no mobile service and can’t receive calls or texts. This is my second ID mobile phone and it’s been fine in my area up until about 2 months ago, when I noticed I wasn’t picking up any data but when I returned home and connected to my wi-fi all my whatsapp messages and emails would start pinging through. 

I tried the sim in my old mobile phone and it works fine, I can make calls and send/receive texts? I have a perfectly clear signal. So I’m assuming the error is with the handset? I have a Samsung A51, has anyone else had this problem? It basically says “Not registered on the network” and when I can get it to register and let me call out, the other person either cant hear me or it crackles up and cuts off?

I’ve spoken to ID mobile and they’ve sent me a new sim card but obviously the issue is with the handset?

Thanks

Karen

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Karen Thomas ,

If you have tried the SIM in a different handset and it improves the issues, it would mean that it is a handset issue.

Have you tried inserting the SIM into the Samsung A51 and resetting your network settings?

Can you also advise if you get a difference in coverage bars between the handsets?

Kash

Hi Kash,

Yes I’ve tried resetting the network with the sim in the A51, it says its connected to ID mobile initially but then the same problem persists.

They both show 1-2 bars at best, so not much difference between signal strength? 

Thanks

Karen 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Karen Thomas,

Could you provide a full postcode for us to run some checks on the local masts withplease?

Cheers,

Will

Hi, Im in work today L77DN  the phone seems ok here today? Ive received texts and calls.

My home postcode is 42, L23 4TW and this is where i have the problem. 

Thanks 

Karen 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Karen Thomas,

Was the handset purchased through ourselves? It sounds like you may need to book it in for a repair from what you’ve described.

Will

Hi Will, yes i got it last year through you guys. 

Thanks

Karen 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Karen Thomas,

In which case, i’d recommend visiting our friends at Carphone warehouse so they can assess the handset and advise the next appropriate steps.

Please keep us posted about if you need any further assistance with doing this, and we’ll do our best to provide it.

Will

Why iD Mobile?