Skip to main content
Solved

4g Signal Extremely Slow

• 28 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Morning. I switched to ID from Asda (Vodafone). The internet speed is sometimes legitimately unusable. The majority of the time, as the data rates are so low, websites and services such as speedtests will show between 0-2Mbps. I am using unlimited plan and paying by Direct Debit on time.

I’ve added screenshot of my current data rates, when I can get speedtests to work.

Any ideas on resolution? I already rest everything and tring in different areas. My postcode is CO11 2RR. Tried using the sim in other phones too, but it’s the same. 4G coverage of my area is indicated as good, and it’s not that I don’t have signal, it’s just very slow. 

I’d rather not go through the headache of switching providers all over again, but I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.

Many thanks.

Sounds like the Vodafone network was a better option for you in your location, @filipppo

Why do you say so? Do you recommend switching back? Thanks.

Your original post said the Vodafone network (via ASDA Mobile) worked better in your location, @filipppo

Other switching options would be using a service provider on the EE or O2 mobile networks.

I would like to avoid switching if possible… Is switching your official advice??? I occasionally get good speeds with ID.

Okay @filipppo, I’m just a forum member like yourself. 

The Three UK network (used by iD Mobile) is subject to bandwidth management when it’s busy. Three UK use their TrafficSense network capacity management tool to do this, which might be happening in your area, especially if Three UK are working on their backhaul network in preparation for 3G shutdown later this year.

Personally, I’ve been happy using the Three UK mobile network over 10+ years.  

The primary support channel for iD Mobile is their online Live Chat service - the advisers work until 8pm on weekdays.

Hi @filipppo,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that your data speed isn’t suitable.

We offer a 30 days returns period when you purchase directly from us.

Can I check if you have tested the SIM in a different handset?

If you would like to discuss your coverage further please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash