Skip to main content

So I've been with Id mobile a week. All other providers have been fine withbthe same phone. I change sim every 12 months.

Everytime I call someone and sometimes when they call me, the caller cannot hear me or when they can they say it's very echoey and impossible to make out what I am saying. 

The phone often switches to 'WiFi calling' but that makes no difference.

I can see other threads where this is also the case so it's nothing new. 

Why is this an issue? What are ID mobile doing to sort this as it's a common thing.

This is extremely frustrating especially when I've sat in a phone queue to the bank for 20 mins each time only to get through to someone and they can't hear me and disconnect!! 

I don't live in the middle of nowhere at all. 

I've had this really badly for the last several weeks or so, calls dropping or garbled when they really shouldn't be, and people being unable to hear me while I can hear them, and had pitifully bad mobile internet speeds, especially upload, for several months, even with great reception. And it's the same on various masts in multiple towns I've found recently.

ID mobile piggybacks on three's masts, so perhaps three is having some issues. 

Yesterday I was stood near a mast and had 3/4 bars of 5G and full 4G signal, yet over several speedtests I was only getting at best 33 mbps download and 0.87 Mbps upload at best, sometimes upload doesn't even register and the speedtest fails.

Even with 3/4 bars of 4G in my hometown I was getting around 3mbps download and 0.1mbps (if anything) upload the vast majority of the time, or just nothing and no connection.

I've done speedtests with my SIM in 3 different phones and it persists, so it isn't the phone. 

I'm using a pixel 8 pro, Samsung S20+, and a iPhone 11. 

I'd been screenshotting the abysmal speeds for several months along with screenshotting the ID mobile and three websites status checkers which were showing a problem with the mast in my small town for several months, and i requested a refund for data part of my contract for the effected months, as off WiFi I barely ever had mobile internet even with 4/4 bars of 4G, it would have an ! On it and say "no connection", and webpages timed out. And I had to get a O2 SIM card for my old phone so I would have a connection while out as I need reliable connection at all times due to my disability. 

And ID mobile refused as it worked a *bit* *sometimes* and there was *some* usage (mostly speedtests and checking if it was working again). 

Won't be going with ID mobile again for next contract.

Easiest thing to do was leave within the cooling off period. Will stick to the proper mobile providers from now on, buy cheap buy twice and all that. 

I want to join 🆔 

I wanted to join ID

Hi @Dc04r 

I’m sorry to hear you had this experience with iD Mobile, as you have done, returning in your cooling off period may be the best option if in your first month you’re discovering that the signal/service is not for you.

Tom

Hi @Ollywoly 

Sorry to hear you had this experience, it’s worth noting that speeds cannot be guaranteed, data speeds will vary naturally.

I believe you’ve already been in touch with our teams about your issue, please refer to that.

Tom