Skip to main content
Solved

Can’t send or recieve sms with ported number

• 14 August 2024
  • 5 replies

Really stressed about this as my friend has just told me he’s been trying to text me for days - makes me wonder what else I’ve missed (work etc) as there’s no way of checking. I ported my number to my new iPhone a week ago and was told everything was fine. Now when I check my number in settings it’s still showing my temporary number, and with some contacts I can’t even open the box to send a text - i get a popup telling me my number is no longer available and saying I should use the temporary one instead. Changing my number on iMessage and facetime then turning my phone off and on hasn’t made a difference. I’m also unable to change my number in settings → phone - it just resets back to my temp number every time. Have been unable to get in touch with id mobile on the phone, last time they put me on hold for half an hour and hung up. Please help

Hi @sillydog123 

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset eDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

I think this has worked! Thank you so much!

I’m getting the exactly the same after my number got ported over.  Been living it for nearly a year now.  But don’t use txt messages that often so it’s just really annoying, but I need to get it fixed now!  I had enough of this BS. 

Hi @Dac Cao 

I can see in another post you mention you’ve followed our steps to fix this and it’s worked, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

I had the same problem. Following these steps seems to have fixed it.