Skip to main content
Solved

Can use network Data but can not make calls.

• 19 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, Newbie here. Does anyone else have issues making calls but using data is fine? I was with Three previously and worked fine when I was in the office at work. But since I am with ID for the past 2 months I cannot make or receive calls but data is fine. 
is there an issue with my SIM?

Hi. Yessame here can use data and send messages but i can not ring anyone at all

Yes I’m also having the exact same problem 

Then they got an problem. I hope they can see this topic to sort out the problem. Thanks for the reply.

Hi @Emshanks, @Radu Zarif & @Gkminhas 

Sorry to hear this, we’d recommend trying the following;

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset RDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For most Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

For Samsung; 

Settings > General management > Reset > Reset mobile network settings

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I tried resetting the Network settings and after the phone cam back on, I get full 5G but still can’t call voicemail or my work phone.

Hi @Emshanks 

Okay, what happens when calling for voicemail and your work phone?

How are calls to other phones?

Tom

Hi Tom, 

The call doesn’t connect and on the dialling page but there is no ringing and the call drops off and says call fail. For any outgoing calls I try to make. 

I have been travelling around the country a bit and the same thing happens. Showing 5G network but I can’t make any calls.

Becoming very frustrated by this now.

Thanks for trying to help. Even more frustrating is that I have to come on hear to try and get it resolved and not through ID help.

Hi @Emshanks,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash