Skip to main content

My pixel 3A wont make or receive calls. I've reset Network settings, I've removed sim for 10 mins, I've tried to manually update setting - but still no joy! any ideas?

Hi @Peter Ashman. With the 3G switch off, unfortunately the Google Pixel 3A may not be compatible with iD 4G calling. 

What phone can I use with the iD Mobile Network? | iD Mobile Network

3G is being switched off. What do I need to do? | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice. (idmobile.co.uk)

-Lauren

Hi, I have also had this issue in the last few days and it took me a while to do some digging and find out it is down to the 3G switch off.

I can’t help wondering, how many people are in the same position as this, as I didn’t get any notification or warning and I don’t tend to keep up with technology news of this sort? I thought my phone supported 4G as it’s always shown ‘4G’ in the top corner. It’s a little mystifying that this has suddenly *happened* and I am now stuck unable to make or receive calls until I can go out and buy a new phone, which I wasn’t expecting to have to do, as I like my Pixel 3a :\

Am I correct in thinking that buying a newer handset is the only realistic course of action? Switching networks would only stave off the ‘switch off’ problem a bit longer if I keep my Pixel?

(edit: I’ve gone through the 3G switch-off page on this website and checked all my phone’s settings several times - it doesn’t have a LTE option, which I think is the issue here.)

Hi, I have also had this issue in the last few days and it took me a while to do some digging and find out it is down to the 3G switch off.

I can’t help wondering, how many people are in the same position as this, as I didn’t get any notification or warning and I don’t tend to keep up with technology news of this sort? I thought my phone supported 4G as it’s always shown ‘4G’ in the top corner. It’s a little mystifying that this has suddenly *happened* and I am now stuck unable to make or receive calls until I can go out and buy a new phone, which I wasn’t expecting to have to do, as I like my Pixel 3a :\

Am I correct in thinking that buying a newer handset is the only realistic course of action? Switching networks would only stave off the ‘switch off’ problem a bit longer if I keep my Pixel?

(edit: I’ve gone through the 3G switch-off page on this website and checked all my phone’s settings several times - it doesn’t have a LTE option, which I think is the issue here.)

Hi Lucy. You’re correct in saying that the Google Pixel 3a won’t be compatible with iD 4G calling. It may work with another network for the time being, but we wouldn’t be able to advise on their plans for 3G switch off. It would be worth checking with any network provider first, as all UK networks are aiming to switch off 3G completely by 2034. 

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

-Lauren

Can I use a different network SIM card to work on my Google pixel 3a phone as it connects to 4g network.

At the moment I can’t use this handset to make or receive calls except via WhatsApp calling