Skip to main content

ID mobile don’t care that you’ve got issues with coverage, that you’re disabled and need that coverage, or that they’ve told you the phone is yours, then when offering a release of contract taking that back and asking you for the phone that they tell you, you’re not paying for, it’s just your minutes, etc.  No-one wants to take ownership at all, don’t care that you’re not going to have a concrete place to stay due to your landlord selling and you need a great service.   It’s like talking to a brick wall, I don’t know what else to do to get them to understand and actually do something instead of replying to my emails, then I give them the information and then they reply with something completely different. I’m over it, it’s causing me no end of stress and they don’t care

Hey @Lorraine72,

I assume you’re having issues at your home address? This may because our Network Partner Three UK shows LIMITED signal in your area.

It sounds like you’ve been offered a release of contract, but in this instance, the handset does also have to be returned, so you can take our a new phone contract elsewhere.

Thank you.

Hey @Lorraine72,

I assume you’re having issues at your home address? This may because our Network Partner Three UK shows LIMITED signal in your area.

It sounds like you’ve been offered a release of contract, but in this instance, the handset does also have to be returned, so you can take our a new phone contract elsewhere.

Thank you.

When I check your coverage, it comes up as excellent, inside and outside the house. I’ve had three previously and had absolute no issues, given that I haven’t given you any details, how did you know what area to check? I’ve also just checked three and it comes up as excellent for my area, can you confirm what area that you checked?

@Lorraine72 - this is Ofcom Coverage Checker, and compares all the UK networks. Your iD Community account is linked to your iD Mobile account, so I viewed the address associated with your iD Mobile plan.  Thanks.

@Lorraine72 - this is Ofcom Coverage Checker, and compares all the UK networks. Your iD Community account is linked to your iD Mobile account, so I viewed the address associated with your iD Mobile plan.  Thanks.

Then it’s totally different than what you say the coverage is as ID Mobile, and the same with three. Something isn’t working somewhere, if you check with your coverage checker which we are advised to do at the time of ordering and then three’s checker with my postcode you will see both come up excellent. I’ve just checked the ofcom checker and when you change it to outside, where I also cannot get a signal then it comes up as likely for your partner three.  Whose right and whose wrong? ID Mobile and Three or the Ofcom checker?

Provider Voice Data
EE Likely Likely
Three Likely Likely
O2 Likely Likely
Vodafone Likely Likely

I typically use the Ofcom checker @Lorraine72 as it compares all UK networks (+ I used to work in-store and it was my go to!). Interesting you’re also experiencing issues outdoors, is this affecting Calls, Texts, Data, or all services? Thanks.

I typically use the Ofcom checker @Lorraine72 as it compares all UK networks (+ I used to work in-store and it was my go to!). Interesting you’re also experiencing issues outdoors, is this affecting Calls, Texts, Data, or all services? Thanks.

You don’t say anything about checking ofcom on your website, all customers are told is to check your coverage checker which states that my area coverage is excellent. Same with Three, so that could be seen as misleading. 

It affects all services, and as I’ve already said, I’m on my second sim, I’m also disabled and need to have access to mobile data, there could be a powercut in my house and I will need access.

@Lorraine72 - I’ve escalated this to our Second Line team, who will investigate your account to see if there are any issues. I’ll message here when I have an update.

I see you have made multiple posts about your issue, please can we keep our conversation to just this thread, to avoid confusion! Thanks.

@Lorraine72, got a reply back from our Second Line team. There are no issues with your account, this is purely a coverage issue. I believe you were offered a right to exit your contract with no termination fees, it might be worth pursuing with that as we’ll be unable to improve your coverage unless Three UK build new masts in your area. Thanks.

@Lorraine72, got a reply back from our Second Line team. There are no issues with your account, this is purely a coverage issue. I believe you were offered a right to exit your contract with no termination fees, it might be worth pursuing with that as we’ll be unable to improve your coverage unless Three UK build new masts in your area. Thanks.

I’ve been trying to do that, but when I reply to the email I get replies about other things that are nothing to do with that.  And my posts are about different things, not just coverage of my sim, it’s to do with escalating complaints to do with the release of contract, to do with other issues I’m having.  

@Lorraine72 what issues are you facing with the Release of Contract? Thanks.

@Lorraine72 what issues are you facing with the Release of Contract? Thanks.

Could you please send my a private message to reply to so my details are not given to everyone

No worries @Lorraine72, done so now.