Question

Data speeds very poor

Why are my data speeds very poor when I am in a supposed good 4g and 5g area indoors and out, when on 5g I get 20mbps but this is only for a second or two and if i press the phone against a window, 4g+ i am lucky yo get .48 mpbs which lets face it is pretty useless. I think I made a big mistake switching from Vodafone and need to leave, with Vodafone I was getting 80 mbps plus in the same place, sadly getting to talk to a human at ID is not the done thing so how do I leave ?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you want to leave iD and keep your mobile number, text PAC to 65075.

To leave iD without keeping your mobile number, text STAC to 75075.

If you want to check your contract status (i.e. early termination charges etc.), text INFO to 85075.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @phil8417, did you check the coverage levels in your area before joining us? Indoor signal strength can vary due to a number of variables.

It might also be worth entering your postcode here to see if there’s any network disruption in your area. 

Thank you,

Rory

I did and it said good 4g indoors and out and also 5g.

Just to add I am outside in the garden at present with 4g+ showing on the phone with four bars on signal and i am getting 1.31 mbps on a speed test.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Okay @phil8417, and what does it say when you enter your postcode here? https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Thank you,

Rory

Our systems haven’t reported any network problems

And network coverage shows good service for 4g in my postcode.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Okay @phil8417, that’s odd. We don’t guarantee any particular speeds, but that does seem rather slow, particularly for being outside. 

The good news is that you’re in your returns period, so you can leave without penalty if the coverage isn’t up to scratch.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like local congestion @phil8417.

Maybe the neighbouring cells/masts are being worked on as part of three UK’s 3G switch-off project.

Why iD Mobile?