Skip to main content

I am currently roaming in France, I managed to sort out a roaming issue by changing my phone APN details from three to ID mobile, but now when I connect my laptop to my phone hotspot there is no internet access. I have tried my hotspot on another device & it's just the same - connected but no internet?

Just to confirm, before you activate the hotspot, the internet is accessible from the handset? 

I’ll assume for yes to speed things up a little.

I also assume this is something you’re used to doing before adding in “roaming” and that works fine?

What ‘device’ is hooking into the hotspot? What's the other device?   This is relevant to determine what diagnostic tooling would potentially be available to narrow the fault.

What messages, precisely, are delivered when attempting to use the internet? How are these messages generated?  (as in, “I opened my email (cr)app, and it cried, I opened a browser to: google.com and got a DNS resolver error,   etc)

Hi @DJS31 

Are you able to access data on the device with the iD Mobile SIM card?

Have you tried a network settings reset?

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset sDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For most Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

For Samsung; 

Settings > General management > Reset > Reset mobile network settings

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

Hello,

Just to answer the questions above.

Yes the handset could access the internet & yes it usually connected fine for hotspot use until I was roaming as well.

The laptop error is "connected no internet".

I had previously reset my network settings when I couldn't access 4g when roaming but to no avail. As previously mentioned changing the APN rectified that issue but it seems there's still something wrong when trying to connect other devices via the hotspot.

I haven't tried resetting network settings again, but I am back in the UK again now & the laptop is working through the hotspot perfectly now so it must have been something to do with trying to use the hotspot whilst roaming.

Anyway thank you both for your replies.

Dave