Skip to main content
Solved

In the USA, system says I am out of mobile data I have 100gb left

I have a ton of data available, but AT&T says that I have exceeded my limit  this is very frustrating and never happened on EE!

What do I need to do to get this fixed.

This is the message. ID mobile need to sort this out as its compromising my travel. What really annoys me is that 8 checked this before I switched to ID

Hi @jbeale 

Have you received any texts from us about charges while roaming in the USA or about reaching your capped limit?

Tom

No Tom I didn't get a text about hitting a cap while I was away. I think I need to consider my future with Id mobile when my contract is up.

I have a ton of data available, but AT&T says that I have exceeded my limit  this is very frustrating and never happened on EE!

What do I need to do to get this fixed.

Okay @jbeale, your iD plan allowances can’t be used in the USA, which isn’t one of the iD inclusive roaming destinations. 

You’d only be able to use roaming mobile data in the USA if your iD account bill cap was more than £0. 

The iD roaming charges for the USA are: 

Hi @jbeale 

Have you had any usage while in the USA?

I don’t believe the notification from AT&T is anything to do with your iD Mobile allowance, as you wouldn’t use your allowance while in the USA.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I had no data even when I put a £20 cap on my system. While in the US AT&T was the service provider. 

I also struggled to send text messages or make calls, once I added the cap, this became possible. I just didn't feel that this is what was advertised by ID mobile...

Hi @jbeale, typically when you’re abroad and you have no access to data, this can be an APN issue. 

In case you run into this issue in the future, the APN settings would need to match the below exactly:

Name: iD

APN: id

Username:

Password:

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc\nMMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk\nMMS APN

Username:

MMS APN

Password:

MMS Port: 8799

*anything blank should be left blank

-Lauren

Hi @jbeale, typically when you’re abroad and you have no access to data, this can be an APN issue. 

In case you run into this issue in the future, the APN settings would need to match the below exactly:

Name: iD

APN: id

Username:

Password:

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc\nMMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk\nMMS APN

Username:

MMS APN

Password:

MMS Port: 8799

*anything blank should be left blank

-Lauren

If you’ve got an iPhone though, these settings cannot be changed on the iD Mobile network - that’s correct @Lauren?

Hi Lauren 

Those are the settings I have for the APN.

Hi @jbeale,

Have you tried to increasing your cap further?

Also I would advise to try and manually connect to T-Mobile if possible.

If you still have issues, we’ll drop you a PM to investigate further.

Kash

Topic is now closed as I am back from the US

With iD charging you £0.30 per MB for mobile data, in the US, the £20 bill cap would’ve bought ~67MB. 

You can’t do too much on a smartphone with ~67MB data allowance.