Skip to main content
Solved

Limited mobile data since joining

I've just signed up for new contract with id mobile but I'm struggling to get any kind of usable mobile data. Most of the time I'll have an exclamation mark next to my 4G symbol and I can't get any access to the Internet.

I tried resetting the phone numerous times (Pixel 8 Pro) and have ensured my APN settings are correct.

Any ideas as this is quite frustrating especially if I somewhere that doesn't have WiFi access. 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Afternoon @Mdm1982,

Sorry to hear you’ve had issues. Have you tried checking our Coverage Checker?

Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Mdm1982 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having this issue?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I get the exclamation mark mostly when it's 4G. 5G seems to be OK usually. Have a fairly good signal with 4G but the exclamation mark is still present. I get this mostly in RG21 and RG24 postcodes. 

The coverage checker doesn't appear to do anything when I click on it unfortunately.

I have come to Tenby in Wales for the weekend and here my signal on 4g at the moment is 3 of 4 bars with no explanation mark. Most of the time it won't connect to data at all on 4g and when it does it's around 0.5mbps so useless. To get usable data here I've had to force my handset onto 3g only. I have mentioned this in another post yesterday but no replys as yet.

Being looked at 👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Bigr1979,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you seen any improvements since you last posted?

Most issues are resolved in a few days, please let us know if are still having issues.

Kas

Hi. I was only away there for a bank holiday break so I can't help on this one now I'm afraid.

Userlevel 1

Still getting no mobile data in RG21 5GX area any idea's please.

Can't check the coverage checker or status as it doesn't do anything when I click on it. 

I too have had issues tonight with Tenby area - to the point I couldn't pay for the car park I was using post code Sa70 7lt there was a 4g signal but wouldn't allow mobile data access and had an exclamation mark next to the signal

I also have the same problems in new quay Wales sa45 9ps, aberporth area post code SA43 2EA and Newcastle emlyn area post code Sa38 9ba and surrounds this has been going on for months, done all the normal reset phone etc

Other family phones not on ID are fine with good signals to the point I'm considering moving to those providers 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Mdm1982 

Taking a look at the status checker, I can see the following;

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Jakers 

Sorry to hear this, taking a look SA70 7LT and SA43 2EA appear to be subject to an outage, Three UK are aware and working on a fix.

The area of SA38 9BA looks to be quite weak, we’d expect issues here generally.

I’m not seeing anything to suggest you wouldn’t get a good 4G signal in SA45 9PS, how long have you had issues here?

Tom