Skip to main content
Solved

mobile data not working properly

• 13 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I recently joined ID mobile and I'm not realy satisfied with mobile data. It's been difficult getting any connection, even to load the simplest task of opening my loyalty card app around Slough and my home area in Yiewsley, so far, has been impossibile and I'm trying in an outdoor area on a main road. I soon as I switch to wifi everything works fine. Tried all basic, on/off, switch off data and switch back on but no change. The network coverage checker says 4g& good but i only get 1 bar. I'm not sure what to do really, Could this be some settings issues?

Unfortunately @AlexDebbex, the online coverage checker only shows theoretical predictions of the signal expected at any given location. 

The actual signal at any given location could be better, or worse, than predicted.

Check real-world signal reception information for many UK locations at https://mastdata.com.  

Perhaps try a replacement iD SIM card, if you haven’t already done so.

Hi @AlexDebbex 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

It’s worth noting since you’ve joined recently while in your returns period if you do find you’re not happy with the signal you’ll be able to return on this basis, it may be something to consider if you aren’t happy with the signal.

Tom