Skip to main content

My mobile data speeds and signal are horrendous in my area considering three network is the best performer in my area.Is there anything i can do to improve this because at this rate this is the first and last time i’m choosing ID mobile.Can anything be done to my account,just turn my sim a notch please.

Hi @Fazz777, welcome to the community. However, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having coverage issues.

Is this a recent issue, or has this been ongoing for some time? If it’s recent, this may suggest an outage in your local area. This can be checked via the coverage checker below, along with an estimation of your coverage levels in the area. 

Check your network coverage | Support | Three

Is this issue also isolated to your local area, or is it everywhere you go? If it’s the latter, this would suggest a SIM fault or a phone issue.

Additionally, does this affect all services or just data?

-Lauren

Hi, thanks for the reply.This issue is not recent but has been going on ever since the day i got my sim, i have given it 2-3 months maybe more since i got the sim to see if it would correct itself but it hasnt therefore I’m contacting support.Before purchasing I asked support before if the coverage for 4G is good in my area and they said its excellent and even told me to check it myself using the coverage checker and it was infact showing excellent.However ever since the day I have received the sim my signal is always 1-2 bars very very rarely any higher which is probably when I’m close to a cell tower when i’m out and about.Its not a phone issue as I have had a previous sim before which had no issues and even tried this sim into a different phone but to no avail.Also as well as the mobile data and signal issues,calling isnt too pleasant either as it isnt as smooth.I have attached a screenshot below and notice my signal bars on my phone and the coverage checker

@Lauren 

Solution, I'm going to buy other network sim for data  and use id for calls only.

Hi @Fazz777 

Thanks for the info, please could you let us know the postcode(s) you’re having issues in?

You’ve mentioned having issues since joining iD Mobile, all iD Mobile plans have the option to return based on being unhappy with signal in the cooling off period, why was this right not exercised?

Tom

Hi @Kenw 

We’ve responded to your other post.

Tom

Tom

Sorry no, however found the answer that according to ofcom coverage checker that 3 and EE limit indoor coverage when connected to a broadband network.

@Kenw,

You can check your coverage information at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

It sounds like your services are limited indoors.

Kash

Tom

Sorry no, however found the answer that according to ofcom coverage checker that 3 and EE limit indoor coverage when connected to a broadband network.

That seems odd @Kenw.

Mobile network radio signals would normally be omni-directional - not sure how Three UK and EE can limit the signal reception for any given indoor location.

Similarly phone providers can tell when your tethering, and limit your data or even switch off your data access.

Your phone provides reports information on your data access and when WiFi is being used.

Phone connection are not omni directional how else do they phone personal data, by using trackers and your location.

If want privacy check noami brockwell TV on youtube