Skip to main content

I’ve recently switched from O2 to ID, porting my old number across. My switch happened today and all looks ok, except for the fact that when I look at the primary mobile service provider details on my iPhone (settings- mobile service - primary), it’s still showing as O2. 

the travel mobile service provider is showing correctly as ID, and the mobile numbers showing under both are correct. 

Should the primary mobile service provider now not be showing up as ID?

I don’t know if it’s connected, but I also get next to no signal when I’m away from WiFi, and only when I have mobile switching turned on. I get no internet without switching turned on

Are you sure iD Mobile have finished switching the number you want to keep to the iD network, @Peter Sutton-Ball

Switching your mobile number to another provider doesn’t happen immediately in the UK. Also, iD say it can take up to 10pm to complete the switch. 

When iD begin working on your switch, your old service provider’s SIM should stop working.

The switch is only complete when you get a text message from ID saying your number has now transferred over. As has already been said this can take upto 10pm on your day of transfer. When you do receive your transfer confirmation you will also have to then switch your phone off and then on again to fully finalise the number transfer.

Thanks for your messages. 
I received the text saying the number had been switched to ID mobile this morning. I’ll see if my phone still says the same thing tomorrow!

Thanks for your messages. 
I received the text saying the number had been switched to ID mobile this morning. I’ll see if my phone still says the same thing tomorrow!

Have you removed the O2 SIM / deleted the O2 eSIM from your iPhone, @Peter Sutton-Ball?

Leaving the O2 SIM / eSIM in-situ may well cause confusion. 

Hey there @Peter Sutton-Ball, welcome to Community!

Has your issue now resolved itself please?

Thanks,

Tyler