Skip to main content
Solved

Network congestion

• 7 July 2024
  • 5 replies

The network congestion on 4g is so poor where I live that there is no data and you cannot speak on the phone, only listen. ID are getting rid of 3G (coverage is awful anyway) soon and there is no 5g. ID mobile say that this is not an issue, obviously they should take responsibility and fix this but won’t. Does anyone have any experience on taking civil action with regards to getting contract money reimbursed as ID are not providing the service we agreed on and are refusing to remedy the issue. 

Thank you

Hi @Yemey Littlemountain 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you have these issues?

How long have you had issues here?

Tom

I’ve been in correspondence with ID about this for months. The congestion around where I live is horrendous on 4G and 5G to the point it’s quite literally unusable even for the most data-light tasks. I’m currently in Clitheroe and despite checking the coverage before setting off, to make sure I could work whilst here, the data is once again unusable - in other words, I can’t work. My partner is on O2 and can stream Netflix. With ID I can’t even send WhatsApp messages. 

I appreciate that ID is at the mercy of Three’s coverage and quality, but regardless, the service is terrible, and certainly not what we pay for. At the very least the coverage checker should be updated to include reference to the fact that an area might have 4G in theory, but in practice it has limited data coverage. 

All you ever get from ID is the usual ‘have you tried this, have you tried that, can you give me the postcode’, asking for loads of information when they should just respond and say ‘yep congestion is terrible, you won’t get much data there, sorry’. 
Three shouldn’t be allowing more customers to join the network if they know they can’t support them - and their existing customers. 

Hi @Cwatki123,

Sorry to hear about the issues that you have experienced with your coverage.

If all the troubleshooting methods have been tested we can certainly take a closer look into this.

Please can you contact our Live Chat Team and the team can raise a ticket if required.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Thanks for your reply. 
I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting multiple times and the issue is most certainly congestion, and well reported it seems, but obviously Three aren’t going to do anything about it, so whilst I’m grateful for the offer of further support I won’t waste your time or mine my raising this yet again. 

Many thanks,

Chris 

Hi @Cwatki123,

Sorry to hear that you don’t wish to have it investigated.

If there is anything we can help with, please let us know.

Kash