Skip to main content

Hi all,

I’ve not long moved over to ID and I’m finding the signal is pretty poor. 

When I look on the coverage checker it says I should have 4G inside and outside, but I frequently find this not to be the case. 

Often, I will see 4G with several bars, but there will also be an exclamation mark and no connection at all. 

I wondered if anyone had any solutions for this?

Many thanks,

James

The online coverage checker is a theoretical prediction, and doesn’t show real-world signal reception, @brokethebox

To see real-world coverage, try https://mastdata.com, which has information for many locations in the UK. 

Hi @brokethebox 

Sorry to hear our signal isn’t what you expected, our coverage checker is an estimate and not always 100% accurate, so real usage may vary from it.

Should a new customer find that signal isn’t what they expected and aren’t happy, we’d recommend exercising the right to return within your returns period, which you’ll be able to do by contacting the vendor purchased from.

Tom

I feel your pain. I just got my sim and it’s beyond bad. I had better coverage on 3g 15 years ago.

I feel your pain. I just got my sim and it’s beyond bad. I had better coverage on 3g 15 years ago.

Have you still got time to return your order - in the cooling-off period - and switch to a provider with coverage in the locations you need it, @Mcfly74

Might be best option given a bad situation. 

Yes i believe so .

Hi @Mcfly74 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

As @andewhite suggests, if the coverage is generally not working for you, you’ll have the right to return in your cooling off period by speaking to the vendor you’ve purchased from.

Tom

Hi @Mcfly74 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

As @andewhite suggests, if the coverage is generally not working for you, you’ll have the right to return in your cooling off period by speaking to the vendor you’ve purchased from.

Tom

CF62 area. It’s Barry.

I was able to return the sim . I went to Voxi and I have superb coverage now. Even my 02 sim seemed to struggle down here.  As i said on other threads it’s a shame, but for me it was a no go. speeds of under 1meg and barely 5 outside. 

Have you still got time to return your order - in the cooling-off period - and switch to a provider with coverage in the locations you need it, @Mcfly74

Might be best option given a bad situation. 

I did actually check coverage before i placed the order. Signal checker website is not always a true indication of real world conditions…….

Hi @Mcfly74 

Please could you provide a full postcode(s) so we can check them?

Glad to hear you’re having a good experience with another network now.

The coverage checker is not a 100% accurate guaranteed display of coverage, it’s based on estimates and while typically correct, it isn’t always.

Tom