Skip to main content

I have noticed over the past few months that although there is a good phone signal in the Keswick area there is no data (claims to be 4G). This appears to be whether you are on the north side or centre, you only get data when you get to the top of Nest Brow when you pick up the signal from Penrith.

Hi @kcataynot 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

Tom

It’s not a single post code it covers most of Keswick in my experience. Full signal, no or extremely slow data.

Hi @kcataynot 

Okay, please could you provide postcode(s) where you’re having these issues?

Tom

CA12 5TE, CA12 5RP, CA12 5BP, CA12 4LN, CA12 4TD, CA12 4AS, CA12 4DL.

Will that do?

I am in Keswick currently and I also have this problem. Large portions of the town my phone has full signal 4G and is completely unable to do anything Internet related. However this is not just limited to me but also my wife and multiple friends with multiple different phone providers. 

Hey there @kcataynot & @James Woodier, we're very sorry to hear you're having issues with coverage.

Please take a look at our coverage checker, which will show you what your signal strength should be like in your area, for all of 3G/4G/5G, for both indoors and outdoors.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Furthermore, please take a look at our network partner Three's network status checker, which will show if there is any maintenance or performance upgrades going on in your area. If the website states that's the case, then it's likely that this is disrupting your coverage, and we hope that this is resolved soon for you.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Please take a look at both of these. If you believe you should be experiencing better signal than you are, or if the networks status checker on Three's website isn't showing any upgrades or maintenance, then please do let us know.

Please also try restarting your phone, and resetting network settings.

Thanks,

Tyler

Already done all the above, no issues reported and the resetting of the network settings made no difference. There appears to be a data blackout around Keswick. As I have said previously, once you get up high and can pick up signals from surrounding masts everything is fine.

Hi @kcataynot,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team to have this investigated further.

The team can escalate this further if required.

Kash

It’s the same in Penrith! CA11 postcode.

I’ve just joined ID mobile and I have full 4g data connection but my internet doesn’t work frequently on my new iPhone. I suspect it’s either capacity or problems with 3 network switching 3G masts off.

Also when people are calling me they can’t hear me speak but I can hear them. 

I contacted support and they said it was a temporary issue but it’s still happening.

Interestingly it’s fine in Langwathby village! 

Some problem in Suffolk area.

Day by day going worse 

Realy bad provider

Hi @Maff 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the full postcode(s) where this is an issue?

How long have you had these issues?

If you’ve just joined iD Mobile you may be in your cooling off period, meaning you can return based on being unhappy with your signal coverage.

Tom

Hi @Miroslaw Mlynarski 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

This is getting worse day by day? How so?

How long have you had issues here?

Tom