Skip to main content
Solved

No mobile data connection at home

I'm hoping this will get resolved somehow as at present I have no mobile data what so ever and never have since joining ID when I'm at home which is quite frustrating especially if the Internet goes down then I have no access to the Internet at all. 

This appears to mostly affect the RG21 5GX area as around 95% of the time when commuting I have either 4G/5G access most places I go.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Mdm1982,

Looks like you live in an area of limited mobile coverage and infrastructure across all UK networks. Unfortunately, unless our network partner 3UK build some more infrastructure in your area, it is unlikely to significantly improve.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

I see that's a shame. I just about get two bars with my O2 sim here. 

Guess I have to keep my O2 sim for now. 

The coverage is shocking, I got two phone contracts for me and my partner we have no signal anywhere internet doesn't work hardly anywhere phone calls don't even come through it just appears as a missed call most of the time but is ringing on the other end! 😢

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

I'm hoping this will get resolved somehow as at present I have no mobile data what so ever and never have since joining ID when I'm at home which is quite frustrating especially if the Internet goes down then I have no access to the Internet at all. 

This appears to mostly affect the RG21 5GX area as around 95% of the time when commuting I have either 4G/5G access most places I go.

Have you tried the iD WiFi Calling service at home, @Mdm1982

If your handset is supported on the iD network for WiFi Calling and you have home Wi-Fi network, it may be the solution.

This discussion might help if you’re able to use WiFi Calling.

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jess2 what does our Coverage Checker suggest you should expect? https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage Thanks.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite

Yes I use WiFi calling already that is relatively good for calls but if my Internet goes down for any reason then I'd be a bit stuck and if I didn't have my O2 sim still I wouldn't be able to access anything Internet related.

Userlevel 2

coverage with ID Mobile I find is shocking, even when you’re supposed to be in a well coverage area according to their checker.  ID Mobile don’t care

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Lorraine72,

Have you checked the coverage and network coverage in your area?

I would also advise to test the SIM in another handset incase the handset is the issue.

Kash

Userlevel 2

Hi @Lorraine72,

Have you checked the coverage and network coverage in your area?

I would also advise to test the SIM in another handset incase the handset is the issue.

Kash

Yes I have, and I live in an excellent area for coverage inside and outside the home, however, people also need their mobile coverage away from home.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Lorraine72 

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

We understand people need mobile coverage away from home, however this doesn’t mean we can provide coverage absolutely everything, unfortunately.

Tom