Question

No signal at home

Userlevel 1

Hello, I just switched to id and I have no signal at all at home however I checked the coverage and apparently I should be fine.  I used to be with Vodafone and I had some signal but now after switch to I'd I have none signal at all.

Anything could be done about it?

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you find the coverage inadequate, use the cooling-off period of your new iD contract to return your order, @AgataT

If the coverage issue is only at home, perhaps use the iD WiFi Calling service via your home’s Wi-Fi network.

The online https://mastdata.com site has real-world signal reception for many locations in the UK.

The mobile networks online coverage checkers only show a prediction of signal strength at a location, which is based on computer models, not real data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AgataT,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like it may be a faulty SIM card or work being carried out in the area.

Can you please test the SIM card out in another handset?

Kash

Userlevel 1

I don't have another phone to try the sim. 

In a city i do have good signal.

I do live in the countryside but I checked the coverage before changing the provider. Was excellent apparently.  Haha what a lie haha 😄 

I do have a okay signal with Vodafone but none with id. And I can't even make a normal phone call…

I cannot cancel as it's over the 2 weeks cooling period as I had two sims and I didn't realise that I'd does not get any signal there because I had signal with Vodafone.

Now I am basically paying for phone and not the data/calls because I can't use it whole at home. So frustrating. 😭😭😭😭😭

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Now I am in a city and i am surpried i have 2 out of 5 signal lines.... this is a joke now. 

Do you think there is anything id could do about it ? I am really disappointed. 

Userlevel 1

Same thing with me! I tried a replacement sim recommended by customer service and thats done nothing. Three says ‘We're working on fixing an issue in this area at the moment. We're sorry for any disruption this may be causing’. Its said this for a week now with no info on when the issue will be fixed...

Userlevel 3

Hey there @AgataT, did you order via iD Mobile online, or via Carphone Warehouse, Currys or Mobiles.co.uk please?

In terms of your coverage issues, please search you full postcode(s) via the link below, and see if there’s any maintenance or high usage in your area which may be affecting your signal currently:

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network-and-coverage/network-support

If not, please let us know and we can drop you a PM to investigate further, and the possibility of getting you a free replacement iD Mobile SIM card to try.

Also, hey @mgb311, thank you also for reaching out. We’re sorry to hear the replacement SIM hasn’t worked to this point. To confirm, have you had the SIM card activated, either by yourself via the link below or our customer services?

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/sim-swap

I ask that as sometimes when receiving a replacement SIM card, the customer can forget that it needs activating, so just want to cross that bridge with you first to ensure you have and that’s not the issue. If from there you’re still having issues, and the network status checker suggests there’s an issue in your area as you’ve mentioned above, that unfortunately is likely what’s causing the lack of signal for yourself, and we hope it’s resolved soon. If you’d like us to PM you for discuss further, please let us know.

Thank you,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I checked and it says there is no issues detected in my area. Also i checked the other thing...

So if you could investigate further please or get me the replacement card it would be great to try anything. 

Thanks so much!

Userlevel 1

Yes I activated the new sim card. I’m cancelling the contract. Thanks

I also just recently switched from Vodafone to ID mobile.. I used to have perfect signal never missed a call.. 

Now I have “Emergency Calls Only” at all times, at home, outside, in the city, abroad.. and I can’t cancel it or change due to having a month left on my old Vodafone contract I just used the remaining data I had meaning the cooling period and month returns period is over. 

Do ID mobile not have a assurance promise for signal or being able to use the service? 

Connected to chat 3 times, to be disconnected by agents and then prompted with a message “An advisor will be available in an estimated 120 minutes” 

I wish I could cancel this but I’m stuck paying another £700 for no signal. 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

How should I co taxt ID mobile to speak to someone? I have tried for weeks to get on the live chat but the "button" does not appear! 

The number is only automated.…

Tbh i am frustrated and disappointed atvthis point.

I live by myself abd its also not safe for me in case of energency to have no signal..…

How would i cancel my contract with them if i took a phone too? Could i only pay for the phone and change sim providers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AgataT,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?