Question

Phone number error

• 3 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi and thank you, when I make a call to an 0800 number it tells me I can’t because I’ve currently reached my capped limit. However, however I have an unlimited contract so there is no cap. 

Also, I am unable to send any text messages. I can receive but not send. Again, I have an unlimited contract so this shouldn’t be an issue. 

I don’t think my old number has been transferred correctly to this phone contract when I upgraded. 

When I’ve called people in the past when it worked, they said it showed as a different number. 

Please help, I need to make calls and send texts.
Thank you.
Sophie

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Sophie Chambers,

If you’ve just recently joined iD and ported over your number from another network provider, I suggest trying these steps:

1. Turn-OFF your phone.
  2. Remove the SIM card and check the SIM is clean (no finger prints etc).
  3. Leave the phone OFF for at least 15 minutes.
  4. Put the SIM in and turn-ON your phone.

Hopefully that’ll help - anyway, good luck. 

I have had the contract for several months now

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Sophie Chambers, might be worth trying anyway - good luck. 

Ok I tired it. It didn’t work. Please assist. My number is showing up as a different number. I still can’t make texts to any number or calls to some numbers. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ok I tired it. It didn’t work. Please assist. My number is showing up as a different number. I still can’t make texts to any number or calls to some numbers. 

Okay @Sophie Chambers,

The iD online community isn’t real-time, so it might be several days before iD Mobile read your post.

You’ll get a faster response if you PM iD Mobile via their facebook or twitter social media pages, or try the iD Live Chat service.

It’s best to contact iD Mobile between 9am - 6pm - then you can PM or chat with a real person.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi and thank you, when I make a call to an 0800 number it tells me I can’t because I’ve currently reached my capped limit. However, however I have an unlimited contract so there is no cap. 

Also, I am unable to send any text messages. I can receive but not send. Again, I have an unlimited contract so this shouldn’t be an issue. 

I don’t think my old number has been transferred correctly to this phone contract when I upgraded. 

When I’ve called people in the past when it worked, they said it showed as a different number. 

Please help, I need to make calls and send texts.
Thank you.
Sophie

Hey @Sophie Chambers,

That’s odd.

As long as you’re in the UK, any calls to 0800 numbers will work fine. Furthermore, 0800 numbers are free so shouldn’t carry a charge.

If you haven’t already messaged us via Facebook or Twitter, please let us know and we’ll try to help. 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?