Skip to main content
Solved

Phone signal strength and 4G

• 17 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I've joined id mobile in the last few days but don't seem to have a 4G connection option in the mobile network settings. The device automatically connects to LTE/3G/2G whichbgives me a phone signal strength of -110 ie virtually no signal at all, if i manually change to 3G my signal is -80 to -85 looking at other post I've tried different things including the link to system settings but my device Samsung A15 5G is not listed. What do I do to connect to 4G and get good phone signal, I am based in the Midlands where 3G phase out is to start, do I just cancel contract (im within 14 day return period) & go to a different provider.

Any help greatly appreciated as I'm going round in circles

Save yourself a lot of hassle, and just return your order in the cooling off period, @KateM.

Others in your situation have posted they switched from iD to Talk Mobile, who operate a 2G network that means calls and texts will work for some time to come.

FYI, 4G = LTE.

Thanks @andewhite for your response, I think that is the conclusion I've come to to be honest! I'm not the most techno savvy but I've not had issues like this before in the first week of a new contract 🤦‍♀️

Hi @KateM,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues and that you wish to cancel your contract.

If you require any assistance with cancelling, please let us know.

Kash