Skip to main content

Hello , I’ve been with ID for a few years and have been generally quite happy , I have been using a router with an external antenna on the highest part of the roof - this set up has been getting about 9.00 mbps on average and the interesting thing is that’s on 3G but only getting about 2.00 mbps on 4G despite the coverage map suggesting 4G should be a better signal for me , I have found in the last week especially I’m getting virtually no internet plus call drop outs and it’s made me wonder if this could be connected to the 3G switch off . ?

Thanks Martin.

Please remove or ignore the above post as I have just diagnosed a faulty antenna.

Hi @genawin 

It’ll be worth noting that iD Mobile SIM cards aren’t officially supported for usage inside a router, this may affect the ability to use the SIM.

Tom

Thanks Tom I didn’t know that , The new antenna has sorted it but I still find that 3G is far superior to 4G  , I’m a bit nervous that when they turn the 3G signal off later this year that I will have very little signal but hopefully the good signal I'm locking onto will just become 4G fingers crossed ?

Hi @genawin 

During the 3G switch off it’s possible that Three UK are looking to upgrade areas that may rely more on 3G, however we wouldn’t be able to confirm/deny specifics on this.

Tom