Skip to main content

The first year has been problem free, but sadly   for the past 2 months or so we are having continuous  issues with every  incoming and outgoing call, people only hear a few words of what we are saying and vice versa, many  calls just disconnect after a minute or so. We have 2 contracts in this household with Idmobile  and it happens to both of us, trying our sim cards  in other phones gives the same issue.Have tried with wifi calling enabled and disabled but it is exactly  the same . Last night as a last resort I did a factory reset of both phones but the problem persists. On the network status checker it says “

We're fixing an issue in this area at the moment and aim to have things back up-and-running as soon as possible.

We're sorry for any disruption this may cause and will add any further updates here.

It has been saying this for a while.

I will add that data and texts seem to be working okay, though we are not a big user of either, it is the calls that are important and which we use the most, or used to, it is now embarrassing as  all the call consists of is “ Hello?  can you hear me, silence” , just like you see on a comedy show.

We are now without the use of  a phone. Can someone from the provider kindly  let us know how to proceed with this problem.

Thank you!

Hi @Alex46 

Sorry to hear this, do you still require assistance with this?

Please let us know if so so we can get in touch.

We’ll be able to get in contact with you to assist here, or for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Tom

I tried a new sim but the issue continued. After talking on live chat  the staff member confirmed there was( and still is) an issue in my location. I was assured it would be resolved by the Sunday(chat was on a Friday, this was around 2 weeks ago. this problem continues. I was quoted 72 pounds to buy out the remaining 8 months of my contract, I refuse to do this as I am not the one at fault!

This  is a complete joke. All good when taking my money, when I have a problem I get lies from the  person on live chat. Why should I pay for a service that doesn’t work?

Among every other person I wish to call and can’t,  I can’t even make a call to sort my home insurance policy due to this terrible connection, status says says issues in my location and has done for weeks!

I have  had enough of this, send me my pac and end my contract, you are not meeting your side of the deal.

Get me off this contract, please

Hi @Alex46 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom