Skip to main content
Solved

s24 ultra shocking wifi calling

• 29 May 2024
  • 6 replies

hi has anyone got a fix for s24 ultra wifi calling is turned on with logo lit up but the calls keeps dropping out as if no reception .

phone bought direct from currys 

What have Currys advised, @nails350bhp?

Have you selected the Wi-Fi Calling preferred option in the Settings app on your new Galaxy handset, @nails350bhp?

If Wi-Fi Calling isn’t preferred, your handset may constantly switch between trying to use iD mobile network, and the iD WiFi Calling service. Switching between the two will often cause the call to drop.

hi I don't see a wifi call preferred only on or off .

Why would I contact currys the handset is fine 

Okay @nails350bhp, your handset came from Currys and the “S24 ultra shocking wifi calling” might be down to a Wi-Fi fault in the device itself. 

Anyway, the following forum topic might be helpful in this situation.

hi the problem is it doesn't seem to like turning wifi calling on so I call with very week signal when wifi calling should be switching and unfortunately I do not have the option to prioritise wifi called like on other networks 

Okay @nails350bhp, this forum topic might be helpful in this situation. 

Unfortunately, unlike EE, iD Mobile don’t provide a Wi-Fi Calling preferred option in the settings on Galaxy handsets.

Hi @nails350bhp,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry if I missed it but have you tested the Wi-Fi calling using a different Wi-Fi network.

If the option isn’t available for preferred Wi-Fi you would be able to change it.

Kash