Question

Sim card suddenly not working (twice)

Userlevel 1

My SIM card has stopped working in my phone twice. First time was during the massive outage, it just never reconnected. I got a new SIM from Currys and it fixed. Last week it happened again so I've got another SIM from Currys and all is fine for now.

Both times the SIM would work in my spare phone but not in my main phone and both times another SIM works in my main phone. I've fixed the problem but would like to know what might be happening, it is scary and a big hassle with no phone.

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Ste77, welcome to community! We’re very sorry to hear that.

Without troubleshooting the actual issue itself, it’s hard to understand why this has happened, and what’s causing this, sorry about that. Therefore, if it does happen again (we of course hope not), then please contact us right away, and we can troubleshoot further, to try and understand what the issue is.

I can see you’ve mentioned this has now been resolved again, which we’re very glad to hear, and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience attached to this issue, but we hope that it doesn’t occur again.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

It is a strange issue and I can only assume it is something on the network breaking things. I was with three mobile before I came to ID mobile and this phone worked flawlessly. 

It is a very strange issue and I've done all the settings, reset network network and rebooted etc. nothing fixed it. Only thing left to try would be a factory reset but I want to avoid that at all costs 🤣

Kind regards, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ste77,

If the issue occurs again, please let us know and we can check it out.

It does sound like an issue with SIM cards but we’ll need to escalate it if it happens again.

Kash

I have paid my bill yet I am still cut off??

Why iD Mobile?