Skip to main content

Despite coverage map claims.. not a sausage.

Information obviously complete tripe.I have a Pixel 8, Daughter has iPhone 14, so not cheap and nasty phones. I confess she has more joy than I do but I'm paying £30 each a month for these and it's utter junk. Please don't blame '3' as I've seen elsewhere, my contracts are with IDMobile, therefore IDMobile are responsible. What are you actually doing about it? 

I'm not the only one complaining about signal.

Things have been this way since we joined.

​​​

​​​​So what's happening?

Hey @GeeJay,

Using the Ofcom coverage checker and taking a look at Cornwall as a whole, our network partner 3UK does seem to be weaker than other UK networks, with most areas being deemed as LIMITED signal. The iPhone 14 has better internal hardware than the Pixel 8, which likely explains why your daughter has a better overall experience. Are there are any troubleshooting steps you’ve tried to improve things?

Thanks.

Are there are any troubleshooting steps you’ve tried to improve things?

Yes, resetting network settings and waving my phone around in the air. 😐

Wondering why you sell contracts in places where there’s a poor signal?
Especially when you are aware of it.

I guess I’ll just keep on paying for a very tiny handheld that only works on WiFi!

Hi there @GeeJay, we simply sell our contracts online for anyone to purchase. We always recommend customers check the coverage in their area before purchasing, or even after whilst during the 30-days return period.

We sell the contracts in general on our website for customers to purchase if they wish, if the signal is bad in the area they live, and they’re unhappy with it, of course customers are welcome to free returns within the first 30-days, or welcome not to order with us if they check beforehand and wouldn’t like to risk having poor signal.

Thank you,

Tyler

I am familiar with 'always the other bloke's fault'.

Thanks.

Hey @GeeJay, we’re sorry you feel that way.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,

Tyler