Skip to main content

My phone is making calls fine and data but not receiving text messages .

New phone but same sim with ID which have had for 4 years

Just don't understand why I'm not receiving text messages ñ?

Thank you for any assistance 

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET on your handset, @Joan Edworthy?

The handset user guide normally has the procedure for doing this.

No was scared to do it

Network reset is OK, just resets the data in network settings.

Don't use any other resets.

All sorted thank you

Hey there @Joan Edworthy, welcome to Community, and thank you so much for your support @andewhite & @MalcK, we appreciate it a lot!

If you have any further issues or questions, please let us know @Joan Edworthy :)

Kind regards,

Tyler

I’m not receiving text messages from android users.

I have done all the suggests of checking the number and resetting the phone, yet I’m still not receiving messages from android users .

can anyone help? 

I’m having the same issue. SMS codes from my bank, Asda, my Doctors (NHS appointment reminder), my work’s Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) provider, CyberArk SMS codes /messages are not coming through. I received about 30 of these missing SMS messages around 6:05pm from all these providers listed above when I should have received them yesterday/earlier today. Have been out and about in various areas of Glasgow so it’s not my local cell mast. I’ve reset iPhone network settings and rebooted phone multiple times and now the issue has returned. Between this and the issues with call connectivity last week I’m seriously unhappy with ID mobile and their ability to provide basic telephone services of late. 

Sing 3G and going from android to iOS I’ve had no calls in out and same with texts but everything else like WhatsApp messenger all apps work I’m going nuts trying to speak on live chat….it keeps you there for hours and I’m still in same situation almost a week later.

After years paying sim only monthly I signed up for a 12 month plan so if I leave I’ll be charged almost £100… plan hasn’t even kicked in yet

im very disappointed in iD these days!

Just switched…

can’t get verification text messages which is an annoyingly common things these days with no by pass.

between this and the poor signal coverage. Yeesh. That cooling off period cancellation looking mighty tempting because the chat bot is garbage excuse for customer service 

Tried the network reset. Specifically the verification codes are bouncing as if my number doesn’t exist

I just got bumped from live chat they close soon so I guess I wait another entire day with no calls txts out but I could scream!

Hi @Jo29

Specifically all Android users?

Are you on an iPhone?

It may be worth checking your device’s settings in reference to RCS.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/104972

Tom

Hi @apjuk 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi @Jaymeron 

I’m sorry to hear this, how long has it been since transferring to us?

Tom

@tom pretty much 2 weeks? 
I requested many taxi OTP to get home and all did t come the. When I eventually got home I got like 4-5 of them all dated the same time 

so I literally need my number fixed asap because I cannot get any one time password when I heed them (I’m in the middle of dental treatment and I need to sign off on the work via the site via OTP) 

(one time pass word)

Hi @Jaymeron 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I am having the same issue. Have tried network reset to no avail.

i upgraded my sim last week and since i have not recieved any OTP on my new device (not from idmobile as im sim only). I recieve calls fine but no texts, not even OTP for my bank which is infuriating.

@Tom