Skip to main content
Solved

Switched to ID, 4g but no signal

• 14 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Switched to ID pay monthly with an e-sim. Ported over my old number but have no signal at all, anywhere, unable to make or receive phone calls, even on wifi with wifi calls set to on. Despite this, I still somehow have 4g/5g, running at a reasonable speed. I’m on an iPhone 13, running the latest version of iOS and supposed to be in an area with great signal. Have restarted phone multiple times, reset network settings etc with no result. 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Sounds like the number might be blank in Settings > Phone > My Number@Bonobojim

The online coverage checkers are just a theoretical prediction of signal strength at any given location - actual signal strength can be better or worse.

Perhaps try the iD online Live Chat for help. The advisers work until 8pm on weekdays - the iD chatbot works 24/7.

Tell the chatbot you want to “talk to a person”.  

Aha, it is showing as blank - anything I can do that doesn’t involve a hour long wait on the live chat?

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @Bonobojim, I’ll assume you know your number, so try adding it yourself in the Settings app on your iPhone - starting with “+447” etcetera. 

Once that’s done - restart your iPhone. 

🤞

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @Bonobojim, welcome to Community!

Please try the following:

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Thanks,

Tyler