Skip to main content
Solved

Unable to make or receive calls.

• 20 July 2024
  • 2 replies

My husband and I are both with ID and neither of us can make or receive calls. Whenever we do the person on the other end can't hear us. The person on the other line can be heard absolutely fine but they can't hear anything from either of us dialing off an ID phone. I have complained about this already and my husband was sent a new SIM ( I was promised we would both receive new Sims which didn't happen). There has been absolutely no improvement since my complaint and my husbands new SIM has made no difference whatsoever. Both of our phones have been rendered unusable and there seems to be no sensible solution.

Why am I paying a monthly charge for two phones that don't function as phones?! 

I have just lost my Grandma and it is currently impossible to phone Grandad to check in on him. 

The advice I have been given by ID hasn't fixed the issue and I cannot believe I am paying for a serious lack of service not to mention the fact it is impossible to actually speak to anyone about the issue.

Surely there is an ombudsman to deal with fair service/delivery of goods that should be all over this? 

I have paid for months for a plan that hasn't delivered what was contractually promised. Surely as such I should be free to leave the contract and likely with compensation?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @Mbrowning93, thank you for reaching out to us, and we’re very sorry to hear about your late Grandma. 

In terms of your calls issue, how long has this been an issue for please? Is the issue only in one area, and if so, what’s the full postcode please?

Either way, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Thank you,

Tyler

Ring 0800 049 2402 excellent human support