Skip to main content
Solved

Very poor coverage

• 4 June 2024
  • 8 replies

I’m having ongoing issues with my signal. All of my calls break up or I can’t even phone and my 4g signal is awful and I can’t access anything when I am out of wifi

I’ve the very same problem. Before switching to ID Mobile last month I made a point of checking coverage in my area. For my postcode the output, for both indoors and outdoors, was:

“4G Coverage

Yes – Excellent service
Great news - 4G is in your area. If your device is 4G calling compatible, you'll have excellent 4G coverage for calls, texts, and mobile internet.”

The truth of the matter is that inside the house there is no signal whatsoever. I have missed urgent calls in consequence. I tried to ring--there’s no number; I tried ‘Chat’--there was no response. Seemingly no way whatsoever to make contact with a support team.

Very disappointing, and am now considering breaking the contract and switching to a proper provider.

I'm the same. It came up good coverage when I checked but its so bad and so frustrating in this day and age. Surely they are not providing the service that is expected so a contract should be void?

I agree entirely. We (and heaven knows how many other customers) will have entered this contract in the belief and reasonable expectation that ID Mobile would, for its part, fulfill its side of the contract by providing the service promised.

Have you had any success in contacting customer support? I haven’t.

Nope. Apart from a text to tell me how much I would owe if I cancel

I’ve the very same problem. Before switching to ID Mobile last month I made a point of checking coverage in my area. For my postcode the output, for both indoors and outdoors, was:

“4G Coverage

Yes – Excellent service
Great news - 4G is in your area. If your device is 4G calling compatible, you'll have excellent 4G coverage for calls, texts, and mobile internet.”

The truth of the matter is that inside the house there is no signal whatsoever. I have missed urgent calls in consequence. I tried to ring--there’s no number; I tried ‘Chat’--there was no response. Seemingly no way whatsoever to make contact with a support team.

Very disappointing, and am now considering breaking the contract and switching to a proper provider.

Have you tried using the iD WiFi Calling service at home, @CSH

In my home location I rely on WiFi Calling, in my mobile not-spot. 

Yes, I turned on “Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone”.

And, no, it doesn’t work.

Yes, I turned on “Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone”.

And, no, it doesn’t work.

Strange, I use an iPhone with the WiFi Calling service without any problems. 

Maybe another service provider would be a better option in your location, @CSH

Yes, I switched from EE, which was fine (though marginally more costly) and wonder whether I should move back.