Skip to main content

Since using my ID mobile SIM, if I make a phone call - especially from home but this happens anywhere, if I read a number out on a phone call it nearly always breaks up, so if I say “post code M14 3RT” it will probably cut out at the 4 and certainly the 3. It makes it impossible to deal with any numbers, which is a problem because it’s my job!

If I switch to an O2 SIM in the same phone (S24 Ultra which supports having 2 physical SIMs), everything is fine, so it is definitely something to do with ID mobile.

My suspicion is that it’s something to do with the compression being used, but it means I simply can’t make outgoing calls.

Does anyone else have experience of this?

It’s a grey area @Chris99, but the iD terms state their services are for personal use only - not business. 

Anyway, does your iD SIM work okay in another handset, or is this just an issue with the Galaxy S24 device?

It’s a grey area@Chris99, but the iD terms state their services are for personal use only - not business. 

The funny thing is I just tried to book a taxi for our personal use and give a post code and this happened.

This wasn’t for business, but thank you for pointing out the ID terms I will ensure I will cancel the contract as soon as I am able. I don’t want to fall foul of their terms by ringing a client. How would ID treat the failure of their network if the client was also a personal friend? No need to answer further.

Hi @Chris99,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking how your coverage is now?

Please get in touch with our Live Chat Team if you are having coverage issues and the relevant troubleshooting can be done.

Kash

Hi, after andewhite’s reply I cancelled my contract and am back with EE.

Hey there @Chris99, we’re sorry to hear that, and we wish you all the best with EE.

Thanks,

Tyler