Question

wifi calling issue

• 8 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have been with ID Mobile for some years. I use wifi calling a lot as I have poor signal at home. Lately I have had an issue that I can no longer chose WiFi preferred option and phone always tries to use mobile network. I complained to Samsung as I thought this was a phone issue but they are now telling me that my provider is not allowing this option. Can someone confirm this as if true I need to change provider

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

As a new customer, I've had this since day one. Apparently the network can choose mobile network preferred. WiFi calling only comes on for me if the signal is 1 bar or less. If I switch to flight mode it comes on instantly.

Annoying isn't it. Mine was working with wifi preferred until recently. Don't know why it's stopped, I can understand a provider wanting you to use their network but makes no difference when you have unlimited calls on your contract

Userlevel 3
Badge

I did experiment with modes and routines to switch to flight mode when I get home and switch WiFi on, but it wasn't always accurate and didn't switch back quick enough when leaving home.

Why iD Mobile?