Skip to main content

Hello

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G phone that I brought slightly over 2 years ago. I have always used it with ID. Now ID have switched off the 3G network I can't make any calls. Searching online it appears this model should be compatible with the 4G calling but the option to switch it on is not there. Is this an ID problem? Is there anyway I can actually still use my phone on ID or am I going to have to switch network? Phone is still perfectly good working order so seems unnecessary to fork out for a new one. And mine is supposed to be 5G enabled so why does it stop working when 3G switched off?

Thanks

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/3g-shut-down-emasculating-4g-phone-s-calling-abilities/td-p/37360/page/3

Compatibility List;

Hi @hannah.j 
Even if you move to a different provider you will still need to be able to enable VoLTE on your phone to connect to the 4G network. I was with SMARTY who didn’t ‘support’ my Samsung Galaxy J4+ and so I move to iD Mobile who did but because my phone didn’t have the VoLTE option available it still woudn’t work.

I did a quick search and saw this video that may help…..

If not, do an internet search e.g. ‘enable VoLTE Xiaomi Redmi Note 10’ and you should find something to help enable it on your handset.
Good luck x