Skip to main content

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me please, getting nowhere with Live Chat.  Please excuse the long story but I feel it is required as Live Chat have constantly misunderstood what has happened.

So, I ordered a phone from ID on 5th May, it arrived at my local DPD delivery office and went out for delivery on the 7th May.  When I received my 1 hour time slot I realised I would not be home from work in time so I used the DPD app to reschedule for the next day (8th) when I’d be off.

Received 3 different notifications on the 8th that “Your parcel is at our Dundee depot”, but nothing to say it was out for delivery again.  I then got a notification on the 8th at 15:09 that “Your parcel is on its way back to Currys”

This is where the frustration begins.  I never asked for this to be sent back, but that’s by the by.  9th and 10th May I get the notification “Your parcel is at our Dundee depot”.  I then requested the return tracking details from DPD which they supplied me with.

The return tracking showed: “As requested, your parcel will now be delivered on Sat 11 May 2024 at 10:00” then “As requested, your parcel will now be delivered on Mon 13 May 2024 at 08:00” and then “As requested, your parcel will now be delivered on Tue 14 May 2024 at 10:00”.  Eventually yesterday I had notification that “Your parcel has been delivered and received by TERRY INCE”.  

However, when I have spoken to live chat about getting a replacement sent out they have insisted that the package is still with DPD.  This is despite me showing them the tracking details etc.  From day one they have said that DPD will contact me directly within 48 hours.  I am still waiting.  I tried calling DPD directly and they cannot discuss with me as I’m not the sender.

Where do I go from here please?  I am at my wits end as I’m currently without a handset and it’s starting to affect work with them needing my phone for 2FA etc.

TIA

Maybe it’s time to make an official complaint, @scottyboydfc

Start this online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure.

The iD Live Chat can often be frustrating, so I’ve adopted Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter) for contacting iD customer care privately.

Maybe it’s time to make an official complaint, @scottyboydfc

Start this online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure.

The iD Live Chat can often be frustrating, so I’ve adopted Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter) for contacting iD customer care privately.

Thank you for your reply @andewhite.  I have messaged them on X, they are checking with the warehouse team to find out what has actually happened.  Cautiously optimistic, will let you know how I get on.

Hi @scottyboydfc 

Thanks for getting in touch via Twitter, please continue contact there.

Tom