Skip to main content
Solved

Phone not delivered

• 18 July 2024
  • 4 replies

My son ordered a phone 3 weeks ago. DPD arrived outside our house but made no attempt to deliver. They updated the delivery status to ‘sorry we missed you’ and the following day said they were returning the package to Currys. Despite several attempts to get a sensible response from ID’s Customer Services my son is still waiting for his new phone. He has paid an upfront fee and is now being charged under his contract. Cust Services are investigating the issue and have told him that the package was received back from DPD empty, without the phone. They are refusing to send a phone to him until they have fully investigated with DPD. They have also refused to accept a cancellation instruction until they ‘receive the phone back’. Clearly this has nothing to do with my son and is an issue between ID and DPD. How can this be escalated to someone sensible?

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Anyone from IDMobile here that cares about customer service?

Userlevel 1

The fact the phone was not delivered is ID mobiles to discuss with the courier. You should not be paying for a phone you did not receive and it is not for you to wait for the vendor and courier to sort it out. You should request delivery of a new phone. Check citizensadvice.org.uk searching for "If something you ordered hasn't arrived ". 

I hope it gets sorted, I've found IDmobile to be a decent provider since I switched.

Userlevel 1

The fact the phone was not delivered is ID mobiles to discuss with the courier. You should not be paying for a phone you did not receive and it is not for you to wait for the vendor and courier to sort it out. You should request delivery of a new phone. Check citizensadvice.org.uk searching for "If something you ordered hasn't arrived ". 

I hope it gets sorted, I've found IDmobile to be a decent provider since I switched.

Everything you say makes absolute sense to most people and we have made those exact points to ID but they seem to be stuck halfway through a tickbox exercise and won’t ‘do the right thing’ until they’ve ticked all their boxes. I was rather hoping that someone sensible from ID Mobile would pick up my complaint and apply a bit of common sense to get things moving. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @cookp 

If you’ve made a complaint about this we’d recommend continuing with the complaints team 0800 049 2402 or 0800 049 1300.

If you haven’t, please have the account holder get in touch with us themselves so we can take a look.

Tom