Question

Problem with order

• 1 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I placed an order on 27/06/2020 for an iPhone 11 contract. I then received the iPhone 11 and sim card on 28/06/2020. Upon opening the parcel bag a part of the cellophane on the iPhone 11 box is damaged, therefore I have not proceeded to open the sealed cellophane on the box nor have I opened the sim card. The parcel bag was intact, most likely this has happened before dispatch. It could either just simply be a storage mark or the box could have been dropped but I prefer not to take my chances.

I got in touch with iD mobile on 29/06/2020 via the webchat explaining the issue. I was told that because the order is damaged a return will be processed for me and therefore I was provided with a return transaction number and also an address in order to post the iPhone and sim card back. I was told that I have to pay the return postage, I then explained as to why I have to pay it when the box is damaged and then subsequently a complaint was submitted for the return postage on my behalf and a resolution should come in 3-5 working days.

I then asked if I should hold on to the sim card because the issue was only with the iPhone, I was told that I should send that back as well. I then asked when I would be receiving my new iPhone and sim card I was told that I have to place a new order for that. I then explained that what if by the time I return the iPhone and sim card the offer (5gb data, unltd mins, unltd texts, black iPhone 64gb) which I purchased is no longer available (I also used a cashback website and £10 promo code). I was told nothing could be done about that and I would need to place a new order. So I then asked if I could place the new order prior to sending the current iPhone and sim card back, to which I was told I could however I would need to pay the upfront cost again and then receive a refund for the first upfront cost when the warehouse receives the first iPhone and sim card. I was ok with that.

I then placed the same order again on 29/06/2020, I received an email stating that the order had been successful and had been provided with an order reference number. On 30/06/2020 I received another email which said iDMobile are unable to process the order as I did not meet the credit check criteria.

Again on 30/06/2020 I opened a web chat explaining what had happened but that wasn’t of much help. I asked if there was a branch which I could go to for help, to which I was told curry PC world and was told the stores are open, however where I live the closest ones to me are still closed.

I am unsure and confused of what to do, I still have the iPhone and sim card, both are still sealed and unopened, just the cellophane of iPhone box has some black marking and a graze on one of the edges, I have attached pictures, the seal is also still intact. Please could you advise me on what to do, I would like the exact same contract along with the cash back and £10 voucher code applied. I am also worried that my credit score might have been affected negatively for the second order being refused, I only done this on the advice of an iDMobile rep telling me it would be ok to do so.

2 replies

This problem has now been resolved

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry for catching this one a couple of days late @IB2278 

If you do have any questions that remain unanswered, just let us know what specifically and we’ll be happy to help here.

Why iD Mobile?