Question

Bought a SIM only, did not arrive, cancelled the contract, now I've been billed?

• 29 July 2022
  • 4 replies

I bought the SIM only (because data roaming and going abroad.) I ordered it with enough time for delivery before travel, the SIM did not arrive, I contacted the customer support who told me they could order another, as the SIM would not arrive in time I asked to cancel instead as it was still within the 14 day period and would not arrive in time for it to be used. A few days later I received an email detailing an outstanding balance.

I have attempted to contact the number detailed in the email to pay the outstanding balance so I can later dispute this, however the number consistently declines.

In essence:

Bought SIM only contract

SIM did not arrive

I Cancelled the contract within 14 day period because the SIM didn't arrive in time for use (to highlight the SIM was never used as it had never been delivered)

Final bill arrives

Because the SIM didn't arrive > I can't use the number > I can't set up the app > I can't pay the final bill

I try calling the number given in the email with the final bill

The phone number declines my calls

I am at a loss as to why I am being billed for a service that I did not receive (through failure to send the SIM) and furthermore want it documented that I have attempted to pay the bill but the inaccessibility of customer service and incorrect information provided through emails has stopped this.

I would like to know how to pay when all payment paths are blocked (broken phone and unable to access app because lack of SIM.)

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So @b.quiruga, the terms & conditions agreed at the time of purchase explained how billing starts as soon as iD dispatch the SIM card, to your delivery address.

iD Mobile send out their SIM cards by Royal Mail - they don’t use tracking for SIM card delivery.

To settle your final bill, call iD on 0333 003 0001.

@andewhite I have tried to call the number you said but again, the call declined each time. It doesn't go through to voicemail or even an engaged line, it just declines. Please inform me how to pay when this doesn't work.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @b.quiruga, maybe this number will work 0800 049 0250.

Otherwise, your best option for iD customer service is iD Mobile’s facebook page or Twitter page.

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays, and until 6pm at the weekend.

Anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @b.quiruga!

Have you contacted us on our social media pages as @andewhite has suggested above?

If not let us know and we can get in contact here to look into this!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?