Can't find transaction number to transfer old number

Hi team i cant find my transaction number to convert to my old phone number

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 6 May 2022, 22:26

View original

38 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You dont need it! Creat your iD Mobile account and login, navigate to the my services page and submit your request there. All you need is the PAC and mobile number to transfer your number. 👍

UPDATE: Transaction numbers are needed following the introduction of the Switching form 

Userlevel 1

That’s not working for me. Asks for my  mobile number which I copy from the email for my surname surname and year of birth and then tells me they are incorrect 🤪 so I can’t do anything 

NOT HAPYY !!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Brian Campbell, we were having some issues with the app yesterday. Could you please try again for me today?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

You dont need it! Creat your iD Mobile account and login, navigate to the my services page and submit your request there. All you need is the PAC and mobile number to transfer your number. 👍

I have tried this but does not give me any options to submit without the transaction code. I have the PAC number, ID phone number but not the transaction code. Is there anywhere of getting that code sent to me. Even after signing up to ID Mobile I didn’t get a welcome email, I also don't have the a receipt for the sim. It just seems impossible for me to switch my number.

Userlevel 3

I have tried this but does not give me any options to submit without the transaction code. I have the PAC number, ID phone number but not the transaction code. Is there anywhere of getting that code sent to me. Even after signing up to ID Mobile I didn’t get a welcome email, I also don't have the a receipt for the sim. It just seems impossible for me to switch my number.

Hey there @aditib, we’re sorry to hear you’re having issues with your port. Please can you let us know if you’re still in need of receiving your transaction code for the port? If so, we will be able to get that for you and get you moved over to us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

Same problem. No welcome email, no transaction code on paperwork (bought in Currys). "Live"? Chat useless. Have been going around in circles on your website for far too long, always in the same loop. No transaction code, no porting number. Can anyone with a pulse please assist me with this?

JJ

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would not have marked the answer "you don't need the transaction code" as the best answer as that advice is 100% incorrect, you can find the transaction code on the paper work you got from curry's if you bought it instore or it's on the same email as your ID number on the welcome email from them,if you didn’t get that email PM them on twitter which gets by far the fastest reply

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have checked again and it definitely isn't on the Currys paperwork and I didn't receive a welcome email when I joined I'D although I have had various emails from them about most other things since. I'll pop in store tomorrow as I think that might be the quickest solution. 

JJ

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @mitts 

I would not have marked the answer "you don't need the transaction code" as the best answer as that advice is 100% incorrect, you can find the transaction code on the paper work you got from curry's if you bought it instore or it's on the same email as your ID number on the welcome email from them,if you didn’t get that email PM them on twitter which gets by far the fastest reply

Prior to this switching form going live, it was possible to transfer without the transaction number via the account so (at that time) the information was correct.

Since then it is now redundant so I’ve added an edit to update the post!

@SoMuchForLiveChat 

Let us know if you still need help and we’ll support further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi. Went back to Currys, they re-issued paperwork with the transaction code. Whilst initially the app wouldn't accept the new code, it did so with no problems a couple of hours later, so hopefully come Monday all should be sorted. Thank you

JJ

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SoMuchForLiveChat,

I’m sorry for the issues that you had, however I’m glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you do require further assistance you can get back to us at this post.

Kash

How do I get my transaction code I have no paperwork relating to it , thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @James Hughes,

Have you checked your emails and junk emails?

You should have received a iD Mobile welcome email which should have your transaction number on starting with a ‘4’.

If you still have issues, please let us know and we will PM you.

Kash

Can someone help to get a transaction number please? So complicated…

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @A Johnson 

Your transaction number is sent in one of the first emails we send you, have you checked these?

The number should begin with a “4”.

Tom

I am having the same problem. cannot get my PAC code to work and don't think the number I'm using for the transaction number is correct as also didn't get a welcome email??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Amy Crow

Did you submit your PAC code during purchase? If so you won’t need to submit it again via the form, the port will complete on the selected/given date.

The transaction number should begin with a “4”.

Tom

I have tried this but does not give me any options to submit without the transaction code. I have the PAC number, ID phone number but not the transaction code. Is there anywhere of getting that code sent to me.

How can I talk to customer services?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Adeel Nawaz 

Your transaction number will be found in your “Welcome to iD” email we sent when the contract began, have you checked for this? Please double check your junk/spam emails.

Tom

I need my transaction number to transfer my number to Id mobile. Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I need my transaction number to transfer my number to Id mobile. Thanks

It should be on the invoice received with the item(s) purchased from iD Mobile @Abuu Hammaad
🤞 

This is not a new phone. I dont have original invoice at all

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is not a new phone. I dont have original invoice at all

Okay @Abuu Hammaad, have you recently bought a new iD SIM only plan? 

If you’ve not purchased anything recently, you’ll probably need assistance from iD customer service. 

Have you asked for help using the online iD live chat, Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM? 
The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Abuu Hammaad 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?