Solved

Can't see caller numbers lately

Userlevel 1

I switched to ID about a month ago with my old number and all was well, but since this Monday I can’t see any caller’s number.

One of them was my wife who is also on ID and could always see her number, so I know for sure that it’s not a withheld number, but I’m pretty sure the rest weren’t either.

Why could this happen? Is there a setting or something I can check before contacting support?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 July 2022, 16:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’d normally see the caller’s name in the Recent call history if they’ve been saved in your phone's Contacts.

Is your wife’s number stored in your phone’s Contacts?

Userlevel 1

You’d normally see the caller’s name in the Recent call history if they’ve been saved in your phone's Contacts.

Is your wife’s number stored in your phone’s Contacts?

Of course, but I’m not getting any numbers, just No caller ID when receiving calls.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @dain, seeing as all your incoming calls show as unknown, contact iD Mobile and ask if there’s a problem with your iD account (network service?).

It might not be an issue with your phone - anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @dain

This is an odd one, I’d recommend making sure the Phone app you use is set to default for calls to see if that could possibly be the issue.

If that doesn’t seems to solve it please let us know and we can get in contact and see if there’s an issue on our side.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Just to follow up on this, I haven’t had a chance to contact customer service directly, but in the meantime Wi-Fi calling got enabled somehow and I see callers too now, so it seems to have been a temporary network issue which got resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just to follow up on this, I haven’t had a chance to contact customer service directly, but in the meantime Wi-Fi calling got enabled somehow and I see callers too now, so it seems to have been a temporary network issue which got resolved.

Glad to hear it’s working now and thanks for the update.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?