Question

Data Not Working - Issue with SIM?

• 15 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have had ID mobile SIM for the past three years. Only a few weeks ago my data has completely stopped working. I know the SIM is compatible with the Iphone 6 I use now, since I have been using it the past three years, so that is not an issue. I have checked my area code with the ID mobile coverage checker and there appears to be good signal. My cellular data is not turned off. However, I have seen in other threads that the issue might be with the SIM card. 

How can a receive a new SIM card? or is there some other issues I should check?

Best

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can get a replacement SIM card in-store at Currys, or use the online iD live chat service to ask for a replacement.

The chat agents work until 8pm on weekdays @Tallon Howie

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tallon Howie 

I’m sorry to hear this, is it just data that has stopped working? How are texts and calls? 

Have you tried the device in another handset?

Tom

Hi @Tom 

Text and calls still work, only the data has stopped working. 

Do you mean have I tried using the SIM in another device? In that case I don’t have another device to switch the SIM into. 

Tallon

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tallon Howie 

Okay, are you able to attempt a network settings reset to see if this kicks anything into action?

Could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’ve been having issues?

Do you usually get 3G or 4G?

Tom

@Tom I could attempt a reset but my phone is not entirely backed up. 

The post code is SE16 3EX, however, my data has not been working anywhere in London.

I always get 4g. Even now my phone tells me I am getting 4g but the data does not work at all. 

Tallon

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Tallon Howie,

What device are you using?

Is it an Android or an iPhone?

Resetting network settings doesn’t factory reset the device.

It only resets APNS, connections and stored WiFi passwords.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?