Question

Deactivated SIM and broken phone

My phone (which I did originally purchase through an ID contract) has failed to turn on since Sunday (now five days). Originally, I managed to use my SIM in an old phone with limited functionality but the SIM was deactivated on Monday. 

I have been extremely stressed and inconvenienced trying to navigate London and feel safe without a working phone or way to contact others. 

I have made multiple attempts to resolve the issue on live chat, being told that that is the only contact method. 

I do not understand why my SIM was deactivated but was expecting a new one to arrive today but it has not and I have not had any contact from DPD despite ID saying they offer next day delivery. 

After being told I cannot terminate my SIM only contract, I've been unable to look at phone options with ID as the chat bot is busy and directs me to my account which I cannot access as I do not know my password and to rest it asks for a code that has been sent to my deactivated SIM. What am I supposed to do?

If this is not resolved tomorrow, my travel plans for the week will be near impossible with no data or contact method. 

I would advise all customers to avoid ID.

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could try engaging with iD Mobile’s social media customer support team.
In my experience it’s way better than using live chat, and they don’t use a chat-bot.

Send them a private message on facebook (using Messenger), or send them a DM (direct message) on Twitter.

The agents work 9am - 8pm on weekdays (and 9am - 6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @HELLOTHEREREBECCA 

I’m sorry to hear about your experience here, have you got in contact via the methods above outlined by @andewhite?

If not please let us know here so we can reach out and get in contact, however we wouldn’t be as quick as the social media team will be.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?