Question

Faulty Phone

• 28 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I just recieved my Pixel 6 Pro and it is faulty. There is a scratch on the screen and a wierd display issue when you touch the power button. 

I used text chat and was told my only option is to cancel my contract and return the phone. But as my PAC doesnt go through for a few days I would lose the number I have had for years. And if I wait for the number change to go through the black friday prices will have expired.

I went into Currys and they couldnt do an exchange because of a pricing issue between carphone warehouse offers and ID online offers and lack of stock in the colour of phone I like.

So basically I just want my phone replaced or repaired and to continue the contract i purchased but that doesnt seem to be an option.

Is there anything I can do? Honesty it feels like I am getting treated pretty badly for recieving a faulty phone.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Iain Murdoch,

A difficult situation, but according to the how can i get assistance for a faulty phone question and answer in this community, your device can be repaired under warranty via currys (Carphone Warehouse). 

The in-store personnel might not always be aware of the correct procedures, but good luck anyway.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite .

So i tried text chat again this morning and they opened a case for exchange. I just need to wait till the phone is in stock.

This is what I wanted in the first place so all is well.

Why iD Mobile?