Question

iDmobile SIM in a mifi abroad

• 21 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to use my iDmobile SIMi n a TO Link mifi abroad. I have roaming switched on in the mifi but still do not have internet. Has anyone had any success and have recommendations? 
I have looked at APN settings for iDmobile but they seem only to apply to mobile phones (android and iOS) not mifi. 
Many thanks for your help 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Hcgrant,

You should be able to login to the settings of the MiFi device to change the APN settings.

The wrong settings will cause issues with acessing the internet.

You’ll need to set this to the iD APN settings for it to work.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks Mohamed this is the info we have got from iDmobile re APN settings - see attached screen shot. The other screenshot is the information our TP link mifi requires. Could you please advise what we should enter against each heading. We have had a few attempts in France but have had no luck. 
We are going to be in France next Monday and really need this to work. Is there a possibility to liaise with you while we are there to do the settings with you? 
many thanks 

Userlevel 1

Here is the TP link mifi requirements for APN settings 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Hcgrant, I believe the only value you need to enter is “id” for APN.

Sometimes iD’s network roaming partners in France seem to ‘think’ iD SIM cards are Three UK SIM cards, and use the wrong APN value.

Userlevel 1

Ok Ande - will try this and will keep our fingers crossed. You are right it does automatically try’s to connect to Three on the mifi. 
thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Hcgrant,

Please let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kash

Userlevel 1

So the answer is you need to be very precise!

Profile name: ID (capital letters need to be used)

APN: id (lower case letters need to be used)

Please ask iDmobile to make these instructions clear for anyone using a mifi!

many thanks

Clare 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good to know you’ve got your MiFI device working @Hcgrant

iD Mobile do say they only support handsets shown on their approved list - it’s pot luck for non-listed handsets, and any other devices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Hcgrant,

Glad to hear that it’s working for you.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash