Question

incoming calls cut off after 2min 5sec

• 17 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Since September, some incoming calls just end, no message or anything, just stop.

Looking at the call logs, these calls all end after 2 minutes and 5 seconds. 

It is random, some days it wonts happen, other days it will happen continually until I call the person back, then it does not happen. Only happens on incoming calls.

My wife has changed phone and SIM supplier and still it persists when she calls me. Leads me to think the problem is my phone.

My phone is an Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro 5G.

Any sort of ideas to combat this frustrating issue would be welcome.

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps somehow you’ve got a faulty SIM card, @Njames59. Otherwise, maybe your Redmi handset isn’t approved by iD Mobile, for completely trouble-free use of their network. 

Check this online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets.

Thanks for the reply @andewhite 

Forgot to put in the original message that my phone is a Note 12, which appears on the list you linked.

I bought the phone and SIM through ID Mobile, so I hope they are trouble free.

So, maybe I have a faulty SIM? I probably need to ask for a new one.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for the reply @andewhite 

Forgot to put in the original message that my phone is a Note 12, which appears on the list you linked.

I bought the phone and SIM through ID Mobile, so I hope they are trouble free.

So, maybe I have a faulty SIM? I probably need to ask for a new one.

If these issues started Sep-2023, perhaps an Android update (on your Redmi) is to blame.

Otherwise, if nothing else has changed, maybe your iD SIM card has developed a fault. 
A faulty SIM card seems able to cause various mysterious service issues - so a replacement might be the answer in this case, and is worth a try. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Njames59, we’ll be able to investigate this further. We’ll try out a replacement SIM, and then investigate further if required.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Hi Lauren

I have changed the SIM and still have the  same problem. 

I have replied to the private message but so far had no reply. Where do we go from here? At present I cannot confidently receive calls without it cutting out.

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Lauren

I have changed the SIM and still have the  same problem. 

I have replied to the private message but so far had no reply. Where do we go from here? At present I cannot confidently receive calls without it cutting out.

Thanks

FYI, iD staff who read user posts in this forum have stated elsewhere it may take at least 72-hours, possibly longer, before they’re able to reply to a PM. 

In my experience, help & support via the iD social media team is the most effective iD Mobile currently provide.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Njames59 

We’ll respond to PMs as soon as we can, unfortunately we aren’t able to always respond quickly there.

Tom

I'm answering PMs but it's a slow process. Normally takes 24hrs for yourselves to reply to my answers to your questions. 

Is there a quicker way? A phone number, live chat etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Njames59,

Live Chat and Social Media may be better if you are seeking quicker answers.

However we will get to your PM as quickly as possible.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?