Question

Invalid number after using PAC code?

• 12 July 2022
  • 3 replies

I have used a PAC code to change over to my new sim, however now my old number (the one I wanted to keep) is invalid and it hasn’t transferred over to the new sim? Does anyone know how long it will be before I have a valid number again? My old sim is still in my old phone and it doesn’t work in there either. So something have obviously happened but it hasn’t transferred over.

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @CaitlynFlight,

It can take up to 10pm for a number port to be completed.

When I ported my number to iD Mobile (from SMARTY), there was a 5 hour period when I had no mobile service.

I lost service on my old SIM (SMARTY) at around 10am, on the day of the port, and my service wasn’t back until around 3pm later that day, at which point the port had been completed.

What date is your number being ported to iD?

Ok great that makes sense then. It did say it would be today (12/07/22) between 8am and 10pm but I was worried the old number had deactivated completely. Thanks!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The mobile number being unavailable is a normal part of the current UK mobile number porting process. Unfortunately, you’re going to experience a loss of service porting your from one mobile network to a different network.

Once your old SIM becomes inactive, I recommend turning OFF your phone that’s using your iD Mobile SIM card.

Check back every 45 minutes to see if your port has completed.
Leave your phone OFF between these checks. 

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?