Moving from EE to ID Mobile - Brilliant work from ID Mobile

• 12 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m new here but wanted to applaud the speed and ease of porting from EE to ID Mobile.

I have been a loyal customer of Orange and then EE for 24 years and each and every year they increased their charges whilst removing many of the extras and then adding such things on as an additional charge (EU Roaming!). I realised I was paying over £30 a month and for what?! Calls, texts and data that all mobile companies offer.

I suppose I have dreaded making the move, switching from one company to another. It has more to do with the irrational nightmare scenarios my overactive brain creates - the unknow what ifs!! What if I regret making that decision? What if I don’t have a seamless re-connection after porting my number over? What if doing this creates a catastrophic outcome that leaves me forever unable to answer a call and losing my mobile number into the ether thus regretting forever changing network providers and all to save a few quid!

Well here I am! After 24 years of brand loyalty from making the decision to leave on Wednesday it happened on Friday, and the ease and stress free change over now just gives me one regret, why didn’t I do it earlier? 

On average I will be saving £20 per month (£240 a year) and that is with only slightly less data than the 205gb a month I had at EE!! Even when adding the add on I had with Apple Music I will still be saving £120 a year. And with a free 2 months with Apple Music as a bonus, it’s a no brainer. My money in my pocket.

All too often we take to the socials to criticise companies for their inaction or failures but on this occasion I come to praise ID Mobile for the seamless and easy porting of my mobile life form EE to ID Mobile and in so doing allowing me to get on with my life hassle free.

Yes it’s early days and yes there is still so much potential for things to go wrong but that might happen in the future and then again it may not but for the now I have nothing but praise!

Brilliant work from ID Mobile.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Spotlight61 

Thank you very much for the kind words there, people don’t often go on the internet to say nice things but thank you for being someone that does.

Welcome to the iD Community, we’re happy to have you with us, if you ever need any help with anything please let us know and we can assist.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?