Solved

no service

Userlevel 1

My phone has randomly started to say no service whenever I’m out of the house, and at home it says iD WiFi Call but with no signal bars. I have tried turning it on and off and removing the SIM card and putting it back in. I have the latest iPhone software update and no carrier update is available on settings. All my bills are paid and up to date.

icon

Best answer by Kash 12 July 2021, 20:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @megsss,

Please could you try manually selecting the network by doing the below:

iPhone: Go to Settings -> Mobile Data -> Network Selection. Toggle "Automatic" to off and select "iD" from the list that comes up.

Let us know how you get on with this?

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Worked first time, thanks!!

Suddenly no service in West Oxfordshire. "Selected network (iD) not available." 

Tried live chat and followed instructions to remove sim, reinstall and restart but to no avail. Same with my wife's phone. Yet I was told service is excellent after engineering work yesterday.

Anyone able to help? 

Or another notification... "not registered on network". 

What to do? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Freelander,

It sounds like a localised issue if it is affecting both phones.

Have you seen this issue happen when you are a few miles away from home too? If not, or if you haven’t tested this, please let us know your postcode so we can check for any issues in the area.

Ryan

I had been through that process to no avail. 

Then remarkably about 1/2 hour after I'd posted, everything began to function as normal. 

Thank you for your reply and suggestions 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Freelander,

I’m happy to hear that everything is functioning as normal. I presume that there could have been work going on with the local network mast that was completed the same day.

Ryan

Same problems again today - in fact tending towards worse! 

Unable to make calls orSMS or use mobile data 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Freelander,

Have you tried removing the SIM card and powering down the handset for 10 minutes? This often helps reestablish the connection after maintenance.

Will

Why iD Mobile?