Old number not transferred under settings

• 27 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I transferred from EE to iD just over two weeks ago. I decided to keep my old number when changing sim and it has transferred and is showing under the iD app - I am able to make and receive texts and calls. My issue is that under my iPhone settings my number is showing as the one that was originally sent with the sim (not my number that I had with EE that I wished to keep).

I have tried simply waiting this out, turning off iMessage, changing the number under settings, removing and re-adding my phone to the iCloud account, resetting my phone and all the other options that are suggested but so far nothing has worked. My original number (that I wished to transfer) will time out on iMessage in 13 days and I am trying to get this sorted beforehand.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kirstylou22, if you go to: 

Settings > AppleID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email

When you look at the “CONTACTABLE AT” section, is the ‘wrong’ mobile number shown?

If you use the “Edit” option (which appears after “CONTACTABLE AT”), you should be able to include the ‘right’ number by using the “Add email or phone number” option.

Have you tried this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Kirstylou22,

Can you just confirm, when you use iMessage is it sending texts from your ported number fine? Or is it trying to send via the temporary number?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hey @Kirstylou22,

Can you just confirm, when you use iMessage is it sending texts from your ported number fine? Or is it trying to send via the temporary number?

Mohammed

Thanks for the reply but I finally fixed the issue this morning. Under iMessage settings I selected the temporary number as my phone was no longer letting me use my original one (even though there was 10 days until expiry). This caused my phone to recognise the original number and remove the temporary one as an option.

However before this was fixed everything was sending from my original number completely fine but my phone for some reason was displaying my number as the temporary one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kirstylou22,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

Please get back in touch in touch if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?