Question

Phone number hasn't switched after 3 days

• 22 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I transferred from my old sim to my new ID sim 3 days ago using my PAC code.

My phone number has still not changed from the temporary one.

I have tried turning my phone off multiple times.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @alimerchant0303, welcome to the community.

Have you received the text on the new iD SIM to say that the number transfer is complete? Is your old network SIM still active, or has it deactivated?

If the latter, it’s possible that your number has transferred, but your need to update your number in your phone settings. I’ve left the steps on how to do this below:

For iPhone: 

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again. Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For android:

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?