Solved

Sim pin

• 17 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi I have just in the last weeks received my new id sim and wanted to put a sim lock on it to prevent sim swapping in case my phone is lost or stolen. It asks for sim pin when I try and set it up but I don’t know what it is.

yhe phone is an iPhone and I bought it unlocked direct from apple 2 years ago and have never previously set up a sim pin. I did try 1234 but that wasn’t right. I could try 0000 but then I only have 1 more chance before it locks and I can’t be without my phone connection so need to have some hint planned in advance to unblock it if that happens. 
can you advise how to proceed please and if I need a puk code jow I get one quickly?

thanks

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 17 September 2022, 10:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Get on live chat and ask them for a PUK code before trying a third time. If you get it wrong and the SIM is blocked you have ten chances to enter the correct PUK for your SIM and you can then set a pin of your choosing.

FYI - The default pin is either 0000 or 1234. It was when I changed mine but I can’t remember which one it was! Some networks also use 1111 as a default pin.

Thanks got the Paul code now and all reset. It was painful with the help chat though tbh….. sorry but that’s the truth.!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Thanks got the Paul code now and all reset. It was painful with the help chat though tbh….. sorry but that’s the truth.!

Im a customer just like you, but yes, support via any live chat is painful!

Userlevel 1

The default is 0000. Just tried it...

Why iD Mobile?